With the changing real estate landscape and the increased use of broker price opinions (BPOs) by market participants, the National Association of REALTORS® is offering a new certification, BPO Resource, recognizing REALTORS® who have completed NAR's BPO education program. The new certification course provides REALTORS® with knowledge and skills to reduce risk and increase opportunities to create professional and accurate BPOs. This one-day course will explore the multiple uses of BPOs, how they can and cannot be used, and how to filter and select comparables to create expert and precise BPOs.
Upon completion of the core course, "BPOs: The Agent's Role in Property Valuation", members will need to take a free webinar and pay a one-time fee to earn the BPOR certification. Members who earn the BPOR Certification will be eligible to receive BPO orders and earn BPO revenue.
The average number of paid BPO assignments received by members who have completed the application process has beenmore than ten each month over each of the last six months of the program.
How to become BPOR certified:
- Eligibility to receive BPO orders
- Usage of the BPOR letters after your name and in your marketing materials.
- BPOR digital certificate.
- Differentiation as a BPOR in the Realtor.org Online directory
- Logo files that can be used on business cards, email signatures and print ads
- BPOR pins available for purchase
- No annual certification dues (must maintain membership in NAR to use BPOR)
- Differentiation as a BPOR on Realtor.com® (to come)
- Elective course for the ABR® designation
For more information, visit www.BPOR.org.
- Complete the one-day course "BPOs: The Agent's Role in the Valuation Process" with a passing examination score of 80%.
- Submit BPOR application online at www.BPOR.org and $199 one-time application fee.
- View a free one-hour webinar on BPO best practices which will be available after you have submitted your application online.
- Be a member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS® or one of its international cooperating associations.
- Note: You must have been licensed for at least 2 ½ years and have an E&O policy (coverage through brokerage or individual policy) with $250,000 minimum coverage per incident and $500,000 aggregate maximum in order to be enrolled in the preferred provider panel.
Please click here to determine if you have necessary software to run the product.