This course on prospecting for new business is an integral part of the Skills For Sales Success series produced by the Canadian Professional Sales Association. Successful completion of this series, available both online and in a paper-based format, can lead to designation as a Certified Sales Professional.
Prospecting is a key element in a successful sales career, and the skills that salespeople require to be successful have changed considerably in the past few years. This course presents a proven approach to the subject and ties it into the consultative selling approach recommended by the CPSA.
In this course, learners will:
- learn the importance of prospecting to acquire new business
- be taken through the prospecting funnel
- find out how to manage contacts and move them up and down the funnel as the relationship between buyer and seller progresses
- learn the basic “do’s and don’ts” of making a prospecting call
- learn to create the proper first impression that will help the salesperson be successful
CPSA would also like to acknowledge that the Skills For Sales Success online learning project is made possible, in part, through funding by Human Resources Development Canada.
- Prospecting and the Prospecting Funnel
- From Marketplace to Suspect
- From Suspect to Prospect
- Assessing and Prioritizing Prospects
- From Prospect to Hot One
- Competitive Advantage Statements
- From Hot One to New Customer
- Managing the Funnel Flow
- Creating the Right Initial Impression
- Some Rules for Prospecting Phone Calls
- Scripting Calls and Common Objections
- Additional Prospecting Tools
Instructor Overview: Barry LaValley
Barry LaValley, CSP, is President of LaValley Communications, a sales training, relationship management, and communications consulting firm based on the West Coast.
Mr. LaValley has over 20 years experience as a sales professional and conducts sales training in both Canada and the United States.
Mr. LaValley is an active speaker, writer and educator in the areas of practice management and selling skills across Canada. He takes a unique approach to both topics and bases his education on understanding how the client perceives the sales process and how that affects how a sales practice is managed. In addition, he speaks and writes regularly on retirement lifestyle issues.
Mr. LaValley has been called “one of the best communicators in the Canadian Financial Services industry” by noted industry commentator Dan Richards, of Marketing Solutions. He has a solid reputation as a common sense, down to earth speaker on the topics he covers.
Please click here to determine if you have necessary software to run the product.
Access to this product will expire in six months from the date of purchase (unless your state’s CE requirements are different). Following the six months, up to 2 three-month extensions can be purchased for $49 each.
Continuing Education Information
Note: Not available for this product