Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource (SFR®)
How do I become SFR certified?
- Be a member in good standing with the National Association of REALTORS®
- Take and pass REBAC’s Short Sales and Foreclosures course offered online for $115 (or live in a classroom, prices vary – find locations at Training4RE.com).
- Complete one elective requirement listed on this page http://realtorsfr.org/course-registration/
- Submit one time application fee of $175 online
What are the benefits of the SFR certification?
- Access to an electronic toolkit with practical forms and worksheets
- Free Webinars that you can download anytime and anywhere
- SFR logo and marketing materials to promote your certification
- Differentiation as an SFR at www.realtor.com and www.realtor.org
- Access to an exclusive online networking environment to share ideas and resources with fellow SFR certificate holders.
- This online Short Sales and Foreclosures course is an approved elective for the Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR) designation.
Is continuing education (CE) credit available for the Short Sales and Foreclosures course?
- CE has not been secured for the online version.
- For in-class offerings, CE credit varies depending on the course provider so you will need to check with the local course provider when registering.
How soon can I begin using NAR’s SFR certification in my marketing materials?
- You may begin using NAR’s SFR certification when you have been informed by NAR that your application has been approved and you have been awarded NAR's Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource certification.
Short Sales and Foreclosures: What Real Estate Professionals Need to Know