With the changing real estate landscape and the increased use of broker price opinions (BPOs) by market participants, the National Association of REALTORS® is offering a new certification, BPO Resource, recognizing REALTORS® who have completed NAR's BPO education program. The new certification course provides REALTORS® with knowledge and skills to reduce risk and increase opportunities to create professional and accurate BPOs. This one-day course will explore the multiple uses of BPOs, how they can and cannot be used, and how to filter and select comparables to create expert and precise BPOs.
Upon completion of the core course, "BPOs: The Agent's Role in Property Valuation", members will need to take a free webinar and pay a one-time fee to earn the BPOR certification. Members who earn the BPOR Certification will be eligible to receive BPO orders and earn BPO revenue.
The average number of paid BPO assignments received by members who have completed the application process has been more than ten each month over each of the last six months of the program.
- Eligibility to receive BPO orders
- Usage of the BPOR letters after your name and in your marketing materials.
- BPOR digital certificate.
- Differentiation as a BPOR in the Realtor.org Online directory
- Logo files that can be used on business cards, email signatures and print ads
- BPOR pins available for purchase
- No annual certification dues (must maintain membership in NAR to use BPOR)
- Differentiation as a BPOR on Realtor.com®
- Elective course for the ABR® designation
How to become BPOR certified:
- Complete the one-day course "BPOs: The Agent's Role in the Valuation Process" with a passing examination score of 80%.
- Submit BPOR application online at www.BPOR.org and $199 one-time application fee.
- View a free one-hour webinar on BPO best practices which will be available after you have submitted your application online.
- Be a member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS® or one of its international cooperating associations.
- Note: You must have been licensed for at least 2 ½ years and have an E&O policy (coverage through brokerage or individual policy) with $250,000 minimum coverage per incident and $500,000 aggregate maximum in order to be enrolled in the preferred provider panel.
For more information, visit www.BPOR.org.
Note: Taking this course and becoming certified, does not guarantee all brokers/agents will be able to perform BPOs in their state. Please review your state laws regarding this.
Please click here to determine if you have necessary software to run the product.
Access to this product will expire in six months from the date of purchase (unless your state’s CE requirements are different). Following the six months, up to 2 three-month extensions can be purchased for $49 each.
Continuing Education Information
If your state is listed below
, CE credit for the number of hours indicated is automatically included at no additional charge. The CE Shop manages the CE credit program for most of the REALTOR® University courses. After a course is completed, you will receive an email from The CE Shop with the steps that need to be taken to receive your CE credit.
If your state is listed below with unique CE Administrator noted, CE credit is administered as per individual instructions provided and additional fee, if any, is indicated.
If your state is not listed below, you may take the course and benefit from the knowledge and enhanced professionalism, but you will not receive CE credit.